Fund the Flow Arts is a US-based nonprofit established in 2011 to present and promote the Flow Arts. Our mission is to:
- Advance the prop manipulation-based Flow Arts
- Foster local Flow Arts communities
- Cultivate the global community of Flow Arts practitioners.
The purpose of the Seed Fund is to support projects that will help fulfill this mission. We will be distributing a total of $50,000 in this round, and are offering tiered grant amounts. In your proposal, please provide the requested information for the tier to which you are applying.
For this round, grants are available to U.S. based recipients only. We hope to be able to support international projects in future rounds.
Previously funded projects have included:
- Critical Mass Dance Company for their new dance theater performance piece. CDMC is a blacklight dance theater company that supports community health, women’s leadership and social change through dance education programs and performances.
- Enrico Vinholi for continued work on technology that generates music from the movement of staves.
- Kate Riegle Van West for the second round of her Poi and Aging research.
- Kevin Gao for efforts to bring the flow arts as a form of therapy to Burmese refugees living in Boston, MA.
- Paul Hull for the support of a dedicated venue for flow arts exploration, outreach and engagement in Nashville, TN.
- The Philadelphia Spin Coalition for a new program “SpinCo Together” that seeks to provide positive impact through movement arts and interactive performance to individuals experiencing mental, emotional, and behavioral disorders and intellectual disabilities..
Please scroll to:
- view application requirements
- access application forms for the various tiers
- view review process and criteria
Deadline for submissions is 31 December 2023, 11:59pm PST. We wish you the best and look forward to seeing your project proposals!
GRANT TIERS AND PROPOSAL REQUIREMENTS
Tier 1: For requests up to $1,000
- Submit completed Tier 1 application form.
Tier 2: For requests between $1,001 – $5,000
- Submit completed Tier 2 application form.
- Example of how to answer question 7. You don’t have to make a graph/chart, just a simple list in the form will be fine.
- Example expense breakout for $5,000 request:
Tier 3: For requests between $5,001 – $10,000
- Submit completed Tier 3 application form
- For this tier, other sources of funding are required. You will list these in question 7.
- Example of how to answer question 8. You don’t have to make a graph/chart, just a simple list in the form will be fine.
- Example expense breakout for $10,000 request:
Tier 4: $10,000 – $20,000
- Submit completed Tier 4 application form
- For this tier, a detailed budget for the project, including any other funds raised in addition to Seed Fund support*, is required. Include donations and grants, as well as projected ticket or other revenue. In your budget, please breakout the specific expenses Seed Fund funding will cover. Please see the example budget form below for an idea of how to conceptualize a project budget.
*Please note that for this tier, other sources of funding are required.
- For this tier, resumes of the project leaders including both administrative and artistic roles, are required.
- For this tier, an interview with Fund the Flow Arts representatives is required. Someone will contact you to set this up upon receipt of your application.
- Example Project Budget:
- Note on use of funds: The Seed Fund grant will be used to support the following line items:
- Applications will be reviewed by the board and a panel of community members.
- Application Period: October 1 – December 31, 2023
- Deadline: December 31, 2023, 11:59 p.m. PST
- Awards announced no later than March 1, 2024